Baton Rouge Workplace Accident Lawyer Near Me
If you or a family member were injured on the job in Baton Rouge, LA, it’s important to understand your legal options. You may have rights under both workers’ compensation and personal injury laws. An experienced Baton Rouge workplace accident lawyer at Palmintier Law Group can help you through the legal process and fight for every available dollar.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 80 years of legal experience. We’ve used our skills and resources to recover over $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for injured clients like you.
Consulting a lawyer after an accident is always a good idea. There’s no risk in taking legal action, and you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost income, and even your pain and suffering. Contact our law offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, today at (225) 344 3735 for a free consultation.
How Can Palmintier Law Group Help After a Workplace Accident in Baton Rouge, LA?
Injured workers can face many different challenges. The workers’ compensation insurance company might deny your claim. Your employer might claim your injuries didn’t happen on the job. Maybe your benefits check is less than you expected.
An experienced Baton Rouge personal injury lawyer can help you overcome these challenges to get the money you deserve. Our successful team of attorneys has been recognized with an AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest possible lawyer rating available). We have decades of experience handling both workers’ compensation and personal injury claims.
You can trust our attorneys to:
- File your initial workers’ comp claim
- Determine how much you should receive each week
- Evaluate your rights under Louisiana’s personal injury laws
- Bring in experts and gather evidence to build your case for compensation
- Fight for you if your initial workers’ compensation claim is denied
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for a fair compensation award
When you have an experienced Baton Rouge personal injury lawyer in your corner, the insurance company is much more likely to take you seriously. Contact us today to learn more about how a lawyer can help.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Louisiana?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), about 31,300 non-fatal workplace accidents were reported across the state of Louisiana in 2021. Sadly, another 141 fatal work accidents were reported that year.
Of the non-fatal work injuries reported, about 16,400 were serious enough to require time away from work or job transfers/restrictions.
We Handle All Types of Workplace Accident Claims in Baton Rouge
While work-related injuries are fairly common, there are countless ways to get hurt on the job.
At Palmintier Law Group, we often handle work injury cases involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents, including trucking accidents and commercial vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Scaffolding falls and other falls from heights
- Accidents involving cranes, forklifts, and other heavy machinery
- Accidents where a worker is struck by an object
- Accidents where a worker is caught between two objects
- Electrocutions and electric shock
- Repetitive stress injuries
If you were injured on the job, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice today. We’re always available to discuss your case and assess your legal options.
How Do I Recover Compensation for My Work Injuries?
There are two primary ways for injured employees to recover compensation after a workplace accident: workers’ compensation claims and personal injury lawsuits.
Under Louisiana law, nearly all employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance. While you can’t sue your employer for damages, you could also be entitled to file a lawsuit against a negligent third party who caused your accident.
These lawsuits are called third-party claims and often involve:
- Property owners who ignore dangerous property conditions
- Negligent drivers in car accidents
- General contractors
- Third-party vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Manufacturers of defective products and work tools
Our lawyers in Baton Rouge will carefully investigate to locate all parties who share responsibility for your work accident.
What Types of Damages Are Available Under Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Laws?
Workers’ compensation provides benefits for:
- Medical bills
If you follow the rules and see an approved doctor, workers’ comp should cover all of your reasonable and necessary medical expenses.
Your disability benefits depend on the nature of your injury, and may include:
- Temporary total disability benefits (TTD)
- Permanent total disability benefits (PTD)
- Permanent partial disability benefits (PPD)
- Supplemental Earnings Benefits (SEB) (supplemental income if you can perform light duty during recovery
- Lump sum benefits in catastrophic and permanent injury cases
- Vocational rehabilitation to retrain you for a new line of work if necessary
- Mileage reimbursement for travel to and from medical appointments
Workers’ comp also provides financial compensation to survivors of fatal workplace accident victims.
These benefits aren’t automatic. You will have to establish the level of your disability and the types of losses you have experienced. If you suffered an injury and have questions about your case value, call our attorneys in Baton Rouge today.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover if I Have a Valid Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In a personal injury case, you can pursue compensation for:
- Medical expenses denied by workers’ comp
- The full value of your lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, PTSD, and depression
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Establishing the value of some of these damages can be difficult. Hiring an experienced law firm can make a world of difference, so contact our Baton Rouge workplace accident attorneys for legal assistance today.
What Is My Baton Rouge Workplace Accident Case Worth?
Your case value depends primarily on:
- The severity of your injuries
- The identity of the at-fault party
Work injury victims who can file third-party claims tend to walk away with more money. That’s because personal injury settlements and verdicts aren’t limited to economic damages.
If you are limited to workers’ comp, it’s still important to understand how much you deserve. Insurance companies often undervalue claims.
The value of your workers’ compensation claim is based on:
- Your average weekly wages prior to the accident
- How long your disability lasts
- Whether you can work in some limited capacity despite the disability
- Whether your disability is temporary or permanent
- The cost of your medical care
Louisiana workers’ compensation benefits are also capped by state law. Regardless of your prior earnings, your weekly check will be limited to the amount of the cap ($816 per week if your injury occurred after September 1, 2023 and before August 1, 2024).
Our Team in Baton Rouge Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Work-Related Injuries
Any type of injury has the potential to seriously disrupt your life.
Some common types of workplace injury claims we handle at Palmintier Law Group include:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Facial injuries
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Lung damage
- Hearing loss
- Eye injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Employers and insurance companies often challenge the severity of these and other work injuries. Your doctor might pressure you to return to work before you’re ready. Your employer might claim that your injuries weren’t caused by something work-related.
Regardless of the types of injuries you’re struggling with, we’re here to help. Call for your free case review today.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Baton Rouge?
Some of the most common causes of work accidents include:
- Missing or damaged fall protection equipment
- Negligently maintained machinery and work equipment
- Violation of Louisiana or federal OSHA safety regulations
- Defective machinery
- Communication failures
- Exposure to harmful or toxic substances or chemicals
- Failure to properly train or supervise employees
- Ignoring industry standards and best practices
- Failure to provide necessary safety equipment
- Overworked and fatigued workers
- Dangerous working conditions, including negligent property maintenance
- Negligent hiring practices
- Negligent security and workplace violence
The bottom line is that most work accidents happen because someone is careless. However, you need to pinpoint the exact cause of your accident so you know who’s responsible. Identifying the responsible party will dictate your legal options.
If you were injured, give us a call to learn more about this area of law today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Claim for Compensation After a Workplace Accident in Louisiana?
Most workers have either one year or three years to file a workers’ compensation claim in Louisiana. The deadline depends on the types of benefits you’re entitled to receive (so, it also depends on the nature of your injuries).
The statute of limitations in Louisiana is only one year. You have one year from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
In either case, if you miss the deadline, you forfeit your right to valuable compensation. We recommend that you contact us as soon as possible after your accident to go over your options and protect your legal rights.
Contact a Skilled Baton Rouge Workplace Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Do you need help recovering compensation after a workplace injury? Our team at Palmintier Law Group would be happy to help. We review our case for free, so call to speak with an experienced Baton Rouge workplace accident lawyer today.
Highly Rated Hospitals in Baton Rouge
- Ochsner Medical Complex The Grove – 17000 Medical Center Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, Inc – 1401 N Foster Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Baton Rouge General Mid City – 3600 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Our Lady of the Lk Regional MD Center – 7777 Hennessy Blvd #408, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Baton Rouge, LO also handles:
- Baton Rouge Brain Insurance Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Burn Injury Lawyer
- Child Injury Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Car Accident Lawyer
- Construction Accidents Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Dog Bite Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Product Liability Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Truck Accident Attorneys
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Workplace Accidents Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO