Baton Rouge Construction Accident Lawyer
At Palmintier Law Group, we have seen the effects of construction accidents in Baton Rouge, LA, firsthand. If you or a loved one has been injured on a construction site, you know how injuries can impact your life, health, and financial security too. Our Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers have helped victims recover from construction accidents across Louisiana.
With over 80 years of combined construction accident experience, we know how construction sites can become hazardous places. We work with clients daily to secure the compensation they deserve for construction accident injuries. Contact our law offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, or call (225) 344 3735 today to get started with a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Palmintier Law Group To Handle My Construction Accident Claim?
If you have been injured in a construction accident, you may wonder whether to hire a lawyer. With decades of experience, our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers have helped injured clients recover over $1 billion in compensation.
Our AV Preeminent lawyers have proven they are some of the best in construction accident litigation. At Palmintier Law Group, our team can help with:
- Advising on Construction Law: Construction accident lawyers know the laws, regulations, and standards that apply to the construction industry. Our expertise can be invaluable in navigating the complexities of your claim.
- Determining Liability: Multiple parties may be responsible for your construction accident. These may include contractors, subcontractors, equipment manufacturers, or property owners. Our team can identify all liable parties to ensure maximum compensation.
- Maximizing Compensation: A lawyer can evaluate the actual value of your claim. We will consider medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies: A skilled lawyer can negotiate on your behalf and prioritize your interests in settlement negotiations. We will also advise you on responding to lowball settlement offers.
- Gathering and Presenting Evidence: It is important to gather evidence to build a strong case. Our team will review accident reports, witness statements, and medical records effectively.
- Litigation Experience: If negotiations falter, your case may need to go to trial. Our experienced construction accident lawyers have years of litigation experience.
Hiring a lawyer for your construction accident claim can significantly increase your chances of securing a favorable outcome. At Palmintier Law Group, our Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers have the expertise, resources, and dedication to navigate you through the difficult times ahead. Call today to set up your free case review.
What Causes Construction Accidents in Baton Rouge?
Construction accidents have many causes. With heavy machinery, mechanical tools, and other hazards, construction sites pose significant risks to workers. Rigorous safety protocols are not enough to prevent all injuries.
Common examples of construction accidents include:
- Falls from Height: Falling from ladders, scaffolding, roofs, or other elevated platforms is one of the most common causes of injuries on construction sites.
- Struck by Objects: Workers can be hit by falling tools, construction materials, or other objects. This is especially true when working underneath elevated platforms.
- Electrocutions: Exposure to wires, power lines, or faulty electrical equipment can result in electrocution.
- Machinery Accidents: Malfunctioning equipment or improper use of heavy machinery can lead to severe injuries or fatalities.
- Exposure to Harmful Substances: Contact with hazardous materials, chemicals, or toxic fumes can have immediate or long-term health implications.
- Fires and Explosions: Gas leaks, faulty electrical wiring, or the mishandling of flammable materials can lead to fires or explosions on construction sites.
- Improper Proper Training: Workers not adequately trained for their specific tasks or general safety procedures can be more prone to accidents.
These causes highlight the risks associated with construction work. It is important to note that many accidents can be prevented. Regular safety training, equipment maintenance, and communication can help reduce the likelihood of construction site accidents.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Construction Accident in Baton Rouge?
If you intend to file a workers’ compensation claim after a construction accident, you must generally notify your employer within 30 days. The time limit to file a workers’ comp claim is one year from the date of the accident by default.
In Louisiana, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, including those based on construction accidents, is also one year.
This means you have one year from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the responsible party or parties. If you fail to file within this time frame, the court will likely refuse to hear your case. You will be unable to pursue compensation for your damages. This can have devasting effects on you or a loved one. Contact our Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers immediately to preserve your claim.
How Much Is My Construction Accident Worth in Baton Rouge?
If you have been involved in a construction accident in Baton Rouge, determining the value of your claim may be complicated. Multiple factors influence the value of a case.
One primary factor is whether you can file a third-party personal injury lawsuit or whether your only option is to file a workers’ comp claim. If you’re eligible to file a lawsuit, you may be able to recover significantly more damages than you could through a workers’ comp claim alone. Our lawyers can help you determine your best course of action during your free case review.
While no two cases are the same, here are common factors that contribute to the overall value of a Baton Rouge construction accident claim:
- Medical Expenses: The cost of emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, medication, or physical therapy. This broad category includes ongoing or future medical care related to the accident.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be compensated for your lost wages. This includes wages lost immediately after the accident and any future earning capacity if you cannot return to work or perform the same job due to your injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: This refers to the physical pain and emotional distress you have experienced from the accident. While it is more subjective than medical bills or lost wages, it can significantly impact the value of your claim.
- Property Damage: If any personal property, such as tools or equipment, was damaged during the accident, the cost of repair or replacement can be factored into your claim.
- Permanent Disability or Disfigurement: Serious accidents can cause permanent disability, limb loss, or scarring. You may be entitled to additional compensation if this happens in your construction accident.
- Wrongful Death: Serious accidents may cause the wrongful death of a loved one. We can help you secure financial compensation for these tragic losses.
- Punitive Damages: In rare cases where your injuries were caused by reckless or malicious conduct, you may be awarded punitive damages to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior.
Valuing a case requires a step-by-step analysis. Given the complexities involved, consulting an experienced Baton Rouge construction accident lawyer is always beneficial. Our team can assess the specifics of your case, gather necessary evidence, and consult with experts to provide an accurate estimate.
What if I’m Partly Responsible for My Construction Accident in Baton Rouge?
In situations where you believe you share responsibility for a construction accident in Baton Rouge, it is crucial to understand the concept of “comparative fault.” Louisiana follows a system called pure comparative fault. Note that you can generally receive workers’ compensation benefits regardless of fault; this section relates to any personal injury lawsuits you may choose to pursue.
Under this system, even if you are found to be partially at fault for your accident, you can still recover damages. The damages you can recover will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages, but found to be 30 percent at fault, your compensation will be reduced by $30,000. This would leave you with $70,000 in compensation.
It is common for the opposing side to argue that you are responsible to reduce their liability. Having a skilled construction accident lawyer on your side can help counter these claims and apportion fault fairly. Schedule a free consultation with our Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers today.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Construction Accident Lawyer in Baton Rouge?
Navigating the aftermath of a construction accident can be daunting. The thought of legal fees can only add to the stress. Fortunately, our Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers can help reduce the immediate financial burden. This is because our team represents construction accident victims on a contingency. Under this arrangement:
- You will not pay any upfront fees,
- Your lawyer’s fee is a percentage of the settlement or judgment they obtain for you, and
- If your lawyer does win your case, you do owe them any attorney’s fees.
Our Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers offer a free initial consultation. Schedule one today to discuss your case and learn about the potential costs and fees associated with legal representation.
Contact Our Experienced Baton Rouge Construction Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident in Baton Rouge, you should not have to navigate the path to recovery alone. Our dedicated team of Baton Rouge construction accident lawyers is prepared to guide you every step of the way.
With over 80 years of combined construction accident experience, we know the unique challenges faced by victims of construction accidents and are committed to securing the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Baton Rouge, LO also handles:
- Baton Rouge Brain Insurance Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Burn Injury Lawyer
- Child Injury Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Car Accident Lawyer
- Construction Accidents Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Dog Bite Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Product Liability Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Truck Accident Attorneys
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Workplace Accidents Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO