Baton Rouge Uber Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured or suffered the wrongful death of a family member in an Uber accident in Baton Rouge, Louisiana? Call the Palmintier Law Group. As a victim, you have rights, including the opportunity to file a legal claim for damages to cover your medical bills and emotional distress. Our experienced Baton Rouge Uber accident lawyers are here to help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
Since 1975, the Palmintier Law Group has been a dedicated advocate for crash victims and grieving families in Baton Rouge, LA. We’re award-winning Louisiana litigators with an unrivaled ability to win top results for clients like you, totaling more than $1 billion.
Benefit from a top-rated team of trial attorneys with more than 80 years of combined experience. Give our Baton Rouge law office a call today. Contact our office online or at (225) 344 3735; your first consultation with a Baton Rouge Uber accident attorney is free.
How the Palmintier Law Group Can Help After an Uber Accident in Baton Rouge, LA
What caused your Uber accident? Is the Uber driver solely at fault, and can anyone else be held responsible for the crash? Can you sue Uber, and what’s your injury claim worth? How can you be sure that any settlement offers you receive are fair?
Uber accident cases can be complicated. They can require a comprehensive understanding of Louisiana personal injury law, considerable resources, and experience dealing with manipulative insurance companies. That’s where our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers can help.
At the Palmintier Law Group, we’ve spent our careers helping our clients stand up to powerful corporations to demand justice after life-changing accidents. We strive to make a genuine difference in the lives of the people we represent; our case results are a testament to that.
When you turn to us for help, you’ll be able to focus on getting better while we handle everything else.
Count on our Baton Rouge car accident lawyers to:
- Carefully evaluate the accident report, cell phone records, photographs, video recordings, medical records, property damage, Uber app data, and other evidence
- Thoroughly investigate your Uber accident to understand why and how it happened
- Consult trusted experts and specialists as we build your case
- Depose witnesses and other parties who might have important information about the crash
- Represent you during all negotiations with the insurance company and other parties
- Help you decide whether or not it’s in your best interest to accept any settlement offers you receive
- Bring your Uber accident lawsuit to a Baton Rouge, LA jury if the defense doesn’t take your case seriously
You have one shot at recovering compensation after your Uber car accident. Our legal team is here to help you make the most of it. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing unless our Baton Rouge Uber accident attorneys win your case.
Give us a call to learn more. We’re here to help 24 hours a day.
What Causes Most Uber Rideshare Accidents?
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft offer a great way to travel around and explore the city of Baton Rouge. Unfortunately, not every Uber passenger gets to their intended destination safely. While many parties can potentially cause an Uber accident, many of these accidents are due to Uber driver negligence.
After all, you don’t have to pass any new tests or get a special license to drive for Uber. All the company requires is a regular, valid driver’s license. As a result, there’s no guarantee that the people who drive for Uber are good or safe drivers.
Then, add in the fact that Uber drivers:
- Are among the most distracted drivers on the road, constantly focused on their phones, GPS, and passengers.
- May have an incentive to speed and drive recklessly since their income is based on the number of rides they can complete in a shift.
- Might use drugs or alcohol to cope with the stresses of their job.
- Drive for a second source of income, meaning many are fatigued when they get behind the wheel because they’ve already put in a full day’s work.
Not surprisingly, some of the most common causes of Uber accidents are distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, fatigued driving, illegal stopping, and illegal turns.
How Do I Recover Compensation After an Uber Accident in Baton Rouge?
You’ll generally have two options for recovering compensation after an Uber accident in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Under the state’s fault-based insurance rules, you can request insurance benefits from the at-fault party’s provider. If the insurance benefits don’t cover the full cost of your damages or the other party is uninsured, you can file a lawsuit directly against the at-fault party.
File an Insurance Claim
You can file a claim with any at-fault party’s insurance company. Things can get more complicated when the Uber driver is responsible for the accident. In these situations, you may be able to recover benefits from the Uber driver’s personal policy and Uber’s insurance policy. It all depends on what the driver was doing at the time of the crash.
If the Uber driver was off duty, the crash would be treated like a traditional car accident. In turn, you’ll be able to seek benefits from the driver’s personal policy.
If the Uber driver was using the Uber app and waiting for a ride request, Uber’s limited insurance policy will kick in. When a driver is waiting for a request, the company’s policy covers $25,000/$50,000 in bodily injury and $25,000 in property damage. These benefits may only be available once the driver’s insurance benefits have been exhausted.
If the Uber driver has accepted a ride request, Uber’s $1 million liability policy becomes effective. Benefits from the $1 million policy can be sought once the driver’s personal policy has been utilized.
File an Uber Accident Lawsuit
If a party is uninsured or your damages exceed the limits of their insurance policy, you can file a lawsuit and seek damages from them directly.
Potentially liable parties might include the following:
- Negligent Uber driver
- Driver of another motor vehicle
- Property owner
- Government agency
- Employer of a negligent party
- Vehicle manufacturer
There is one exception: Uber. Since Uber drivers are independent contractors, Uber is not vicariously liable for driver negligence. As a result, Uber typically sidesteps liability for accidents involving its drivers.
What Types of Damages Can I Get if I’ve Been Injured in an Uber Accident?
You can generally seek compensatory damages when you’ve been hurt in an Uber accident in Baton Rouge, LA.
Compensatory awards include:
- Economic damages to offset the financial burdens and losses associated with your crash
- Non-economic damages to help you cope with the trauma and harder-to-value life changes you experience as an Uber accident victim.
Our Uber accident attorneys in Baton Rouge will help you seek compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
If your lawsuit goes to trial in Baton Rouge, a jury can also award punitive damages if there’s convincing evidence of the defendant’s intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
Expect Uber’s insurance company to push back, downplay your injuries and trauma, and even try to blame you for the crash. Trust our respected Uber accident attorneys in Baton Rouge to help you prove them wrong and force meaningful negotiations. Working with experts, we’ll build a compelling claim that helps you win and maximize your recovery.
Common Uber Accident Injuries
Anyone involved in an Uber car accident – including passengers, occupants of other vehicles, and bystanders on the road – can sustain severe injuries in the crash.
At the Palmintier Law Group, we’ll be here to help you seek compensation for all of the injuries you’ve suffered, including:
- Soft tissue injury
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Crush injury
- Chest injury
- Eye injury
- Brain injury
- Degloving injury
- Burn injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
After the crash, report it to the local authorities in Baton Rouge and Uber. Then, seek prompt medical attention at the closest hospital or emergency treatment center. These simple steps can be critical for your recovery and the success of a future claim for damages.
What’s the Statute of Limitations for Uber Accident Claims in Louisiana?
You’ll have just one year from the date of your Baton Rouge Uber accident to file a lawsuit in the state of Louisiana.
Once the statute of limitations runs out, you will forfeit the opportunity to bring a claim and recover compensation for your financial losses and intangible suffering.
Protect yourself by reaching out to our Baton Rouge Uber accident attorneys for help immediately. We can begin to strategize your case and put a plan into action right away.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Baton Rouge Uber Accident Lawyer
Contact the Palmintier Law Group after an Uber accident in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. You can pursue compensation from the Uber driver, other negligent parties, and/or insurance carriers. Our Baton Rouge Uber accident lawyers can help you maximize your recovery.
Put a team with 80+ years of experience that’s won more than $1 billion in damages in your corner. Call our Baton Rouge, LA, law office today at (225) 344 3735. Your initial case evaluation is free.
Our personal injury law firm in Baton Rouge, LO also handles:
- Baton Rouge Brain Insurance Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Burn Injury Lawyer
- Child Injury Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Car Accident Lawyer
- Construction Accidents Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Dog Bite Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Product Liability Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Truck Accident Attorneys
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Workplace Accidents Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO