Baton Rouge Product Liability Lawyer
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve recently been injured because of a defective product in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Palmintier Law Group can help. Our Baton Rouge product liability lawyers can help you stand up to the manufacturer and fight for the maximum financial award you deserve.
Palmintier Law Group is a passionate advocate for injury victims and grieving families in Baton Rouge and throughout the State of Louisiana. We’re award-winning trial attorneys with over 80 years of combined experience and a proven ability to make a difference in the lives of the people we represent.
How Palmintier Law Group Can Help if You’ve Been Injured Because of a Defective Product in Baton Rouge, LA
You’ve been injured or lost a close family member because a product was unsafe. The company responsible for putting that product on the market and into your hands must be held accountable. However, it can be intimidating to take on a powerful corporation or an insurance company.
That’s where our Baton Rouge personal injury lawyers can help.
At Palmintier Law Group, we embrace a client-first, hands-on approach that’s designed to elicit the best possible outcome for each and every individual we represent. Our results speak volumes, with multiple six-and-seven future recoveries totaling more than $1 billion.
When you turn to us for help, you’ll have the opportunity to recover while we invest the time, resources, and manpower needed to get you a victory.
Count on our legal team to:
- Promptly launch an independent investigation into your product liability claim
- Gather and assess evidence that can be used to build a case and support a meaningful claim for damages
- Bring in experts who can offer insight and guidance throughout the litigation process
- Pinpoint precisely how and why the product was defective
- Determine if the product has been the subject of consumer complaints, recalls, or litigation
- Aggressively pursue a top-dollar settlement during negotiations
- Bring your product liability lawsuit to trial if the company refuses to extend a meaningful settlement offer
Call our Baton Rouge, LA, law office to learn more about our experience handling complex product liability matters and the benefits of working with our award-winning team. We offer a free consultation and work on contingency, so there’s no cost unless we win you money for your case.
What Is Product Liability?
There’s no way to independently test and inspect every product before it hits the market. Ultimately, it’s up to companies that sell and market products to ensure that they’re safe for consumers to use. In Louisiana, it’s the law.
State law imposes a duty on companies that design, manufacture, and/or sell products in the state. If a product is defective, a company can be strictly liable if a consumer is injured or killed.
While there are many grounds on which a product liability claim can be brought, there are three main types of claims. These are defective design, manufacturing defect, and marketing defect (failure to warn).
- Defective Design: A product will suffer from a design defect if it is inherently dangerous because of an aspect of its design. The product will never be safe because of a fundamental problem with how the item was conceived.
- Manufacturing Defect: A product is unsafe because something went wrong while it was being manufactured. A manufacturing defect can impact a single item or an entire batch of products.
- Marketing Defect: Companies have a duty to warn consumers about risks or hazards associated with using a product that might not be obvious. A product suffers from a marketing defect when a company fails to warn about known risks.
Companies can also be responsible for damages under product liability laws if their negligence contributes to a consumer’s injury or death.
Advocating for Consumers in All Types of Product Liability Cases
Every year, a high number of Americans are injured while using consumer products. Many of these injuries are avoidable and caused by dangerous, defective products.
At Palmintier Law Group, we help our clients fight to restore their dignity after they’re catastrophically injured or lose a family member because they were sold an unsafe product.
We handle cases involving all types of defective products, including:
- Children’s products
- Household appliances
- Household chemicals
- Personal care products
- Power tools
- Lawnmowers and landscaping equipment
- Safety equipment
- Ladders and scaffolds
- Construction equipment
- Prescription medication
- Over-the-counter medication
- Medical devices
- Medical equipment
- Explosives and fireworks
If you or someone you care about has been injured because a product failed to work properly, call our product liability attorneys in Baton Rouge for help. Experience matters in these types of cases, especially when you’re up against a powerful corporation. We have the experience, resources, and passion that you’ll need to come out on top.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win a Product Liability Lawsuit in Baton Rouge?
Product liability cases are generally a matter of strict liability. So, you don’t have the burden of proving that a company was negligent in how it designed, built, or marketed a product.
Rather, you have to prove:
- The defendant designed, manufactured, or sold the product in question
- The product was unreasonably unsafe due to a defect
- You used the product as intended (or in a reasonably foreseeable way)
- The defect was the actual and proximate cause of your injury or loved one’s death, and
- You’ve suffered damages.
You’ll need evidence to support your allegations.
Helpful evidence in a product liability case can include:
- Recalls issued by the company or a government agency
- Internal company reports
- Product safety testing results
- Product blueprints and designs
- Designs for similar products that do not suffer from the same problem(s)
- Expert testimony from industry specialists
- Testimony from company employees with knowledge about the product and its problems
- Photographs and video footage of the accident
- Medical records
Designing a successful product liability lawsuit requires knowledge of Louisiana product liability laws, experience handling complex litigation, and access to experts and other resources. Don’t hesitate to call our Baton Rouge product liability attorneys and ask us to fight for you.
What Damages Can I Get In a Baton Rouge Product Liability Claim?
As an injured consumer, Louisiana state law gives you the opportunity to seek compensatory damages in a product liability claim.
Compensatory damages include economic and non-economic awards.
Economic damages cover verifiable costs related to your case, such as:
- Current medical expenses (e.g., hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices)
- Projected future medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are awarded to make up for the more difficult-to-value losses you experience, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical scarring
A lawsuit can also request punitive damages. However, these are only awarded in situations where a defendant’s conduct was clearly intentional or grossly negligent.
Count on our product liability lawyers in Baton Rouge to dig into the details of your case and work with trusted experts to figure out precisely what your case is worth. We won’t let the defense dictate the terms of a settlement. Instead, we’ll force meaningful negotiations and fight to leverage a result that accurately reflects what your product liability case is worth.
Defective Products Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
When products don’t work as intended, the consequences can be devastating.
Palmintier Law Group is here to help you seek compensation for all of your injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Burn injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Eye injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Chest injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
We offer a free case evaluation, so reach out to our team in Baton Rouge to schedule yours today. We’re here to answer your call 24 hours a day.=
How Long Do I Have To File a Louisiana Product Liability Lawsuit?
You’ll have one year from the date you discover your injury to file a product liability lawsuit in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
You do not want to let the statute of limitations expire. Once the deadline passes, you’ll no longer be able to assert your rights and demand a financial recovery. Contact our legal team as soon as you can to make sure you have the correct timeline in mind for your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Baton Rouge Product Liability Lawyer
Demand accountability from the company that put a dangerous product on the market. Call Palmintier Law Group and discover how our award-winning Louisiana trial attorneys can help restore your dignity.
Our Baton Rouge product liability lawyers have over 80 years of combined experience. We’ve won more than $1 billion for our clients. Today, we’re here to help you make things right.
Contact our Baton Rouge personal injury law firm to set up a time for your initial case evaluation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Baton Rouge, LO also handles:
- Baton Rouge Brain Insurance Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Burn Injury Lawyer
- Child Injury Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Car Accident Lawyer
- Construction Accidents Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Dog Bite Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Personal Injury Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LO
- Product Liability Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Baton Rouge Slip and Fall Lawyers
- Baton Rouge Truck Accident Attorneys
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Workplace Accidents Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Baton Rouge, LO