Number:(225) 254 7128
618 Main St, Baton Rouge, LA 70801, United States
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Juris Doctorate and Diploma of Civil Law – 2010
- Honors: Chancellor’s Top 100 Scholarship
- Honors: Highest Grade, Advanced Appellate Advocacy
- Louisiana State University, International Trade & Finance
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Honors: National Honor Society
- Honors: Pride of Destrehan Marching Band
- Major: International Trade and Finance
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- LSU, Mock Trial and Moot Court Competition, Judge
- Greater Baton Rouge Community Tennis Association, Volunteer
Jonathan has been with the attorneys of Palmintier Law Group since he joined them as a law clerk in 2009. He grew up in Destrehan, Louisiana, just west of New Orleans, where he graduated from high school near the top of his class. After graduating from Louisiana State University in International Trade & Finance, Jonathan chose to pursue a degree in the law and was awarded a scholarship to attend law school at Louisiana State University.
Jonathan works primarily with partner, Mike Palmintier on personal injury litigation stemming from automobile accidents, industrial accidents, and cases where clients find themselves inured due to someone else’s negligence. He is also regularly involved in worker’s compensation disputes, family law matters, and mass tort cases. Drawing on his background in business, he has also helped clients resolve homebuyer claims, warranty claims, timber disputes, and suits arising out of trust, lessor, and business disputes.
Jonathan’s academic and professional record demonstrates his commitment to success. His exceptional test scores and leadership roles and accolades in the National Honor Society and Pride of Destrehan Marching Band drew the attention of several top-tier universities, and he chose to continue his studies locally at Louisiana State University where he was the recipient of a Chancellor’s Top 100 scholarship. Jonathan entered the honors college and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in International Trade and Finance. He then attended Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center where he graduated with a Juris Doctorate and Diploma of Civil Law in the spring of 2010. During his time in law school, Jonathan received awards for both his trial advocacy skills and his academic work, earning the highest grade among his peers in Advanced Appellate Advocacy.
Jonathan has continued that legacy in the legal practice, often being stopped after court and complimented by other legal practitioners. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Louisiana. He is a member of the Louisiana Association for Justice, the Baton Rouge Bar Association, and Louisiana State Bar Association, and he was appointed by Governor John Bel Edwards to the Louisiana State Board of Private Investigator Examiners where he serves as the hearing officer.
Jonathan has spoken on legal and professional topics at the LSU law school and the Louisiana Association for Justice, and he has testified before the Louisiana Senate Judiciary Committee on matters important to his clients. He also serves as a judge for the mock trial and moot court competitions at the LSU and Southern law schools. Jonathan has also been featured on a legal podcast talking about how client relationships are central to his success.
In his personal time, Jonathan is an accomplished tennis player and volunteers with the Greater Baton Rouge Community Tennis Association. Jonathan lives in Prairieville with his wife and daughters.