Duplessis Personal Injury Lawyer
Let’s face it, accidents happen. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do something about it if you get injured in one.
If you were injured recently in an accident in Duplessis, Louisiana, due to someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, they may be liable for your injuries. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the personal injury claim process and seek compensation for your accident-related losses.
Palmintier Law Group is here to help. Our experienced Duplessis personal injury lawyers will handle every aspect of your case and fight for you to recover compensation for all of your accident-related damages.
Why Should I Hire Palmintier Law Group to Handle My Duplessis Personal Injury Case?
There’s no requirement that you hire an attorney to handle your personal injury case, but hiring the right attorney can make a huge difference.
Here are a few reasons to hire one of our highly skilled personal injury attorneys:
- We’ll level the playing field. Insurance companies are big companies with lots of resources. These companies may try to pressure you into accepting a lower settlement than you deserve. We’ll go up against the insurance companies and fight for every dollar your claim is worth.
- We’re personal injury experts. With over 80 years of combined experience in personal injury law, our attorneys have the expertise you deserve.
- We’ll defend you if you’re blamed for the accident. In many cases, the opposing party will argue that the injured victim was partly to blame for the accident. We’ll work hard to make sure you aren’t assigned blame unfairly.
- We’ll focus on your case so you can focus on recovery. We’ll keep your case moving forward while you focus on what matters most.
When you hire one of our Duplessis personal injury attorneys, we’ll handle every aspect of your personal injury case.
Steps Palmintier Law Group we’ll take in your case include:
- Investigating the accident and identifying at-fault parties
- Gathering evidence, such as surveillance footage and police reports
- Tracking down witnesses and collecting their statements
- Assessing your damages
- Explaining your legal options and recommending a case strategy
- Contacting the insurance company on your behalf and negotiating a settlement
- Filing your case and representing you in court if a favorable settlement can’t be reached.
At Palmintier Law Group, we have the expertise you deserve to fight for all your accident-related damages. To date, we’ve won over $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in Duplessis
If you were involved in an accident in Duplessis, LA, you need an attorney with experience handling your type of case. Our attorneys handle a broad variety of personal injury cases, including:
In 2021, there were 1,673 serious injuries caused by car accidents in Louisiana. Some common causes of car accidents include distracted driving, driving under the influence, and failing to obey traffic signs. If you were injured in a car accident because of another driver’s wrongful or negligent conduct, contact an experienced Duplessis personal injury attorney to discuss your case.
Motorcycle accidents can lead to particularly severe injuries because motorcyclists don’t have the structural protections that vehicle occupants do. If you or someone you love was injured in a motorcycle accident, a seasoned motorcycle accident attorney can help you recover compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and more.
In 2022, there were 3,594 accidents involving large trucks in Louisiana, resulting in 106 fatalities and 2,640 injuries. Truck accident cases require an attorney with specific knowledge of how trucks, trucking companies, and trucking insurance policies work. Our truck accident attorneys have the experience you can trust if you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident.
Construction regularly ranks among the most dangerous industries to work in. Construction accidents can also cause injuries to pedestrians, bystanders, or occupants of passing vehicles. Construction accidents can be complex because many different companies or entities may be working at a single job site. Contact our skilled construction accident attorneys to help you identify the at-fault parties and move your claim forward.
There’s nothing more devastating than losing a loved one too soon. Losing a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligent, intentional, or tortious conduct is overwhelming. However, your family may be able to recover compensation to help cover medical expenses, funeral costs, and more.
Our team is here to help your family fight for the justice and compensation you deserve during this terrible time.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers generally take cases on a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee is a fee the attorney collects at the end of the case as a percentage of the client’s settlement or jury award. A typical contingency fee is usually between 33% and 40%, depending on the circumstances of the case and the attorney’s experience.
Contingency fees are beneficial to personal injury victims. You are not required to pay any attorney’s fees upfront. You can hire legal representation in your personal injury case regardless of your financial circumstances. Perhaps most importantly, the attorney only gets paid if you do. This allows you to avoid worrying about how you will pay your attorney if you don’t win your case.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
It is essential to review your case in detail before estimating what your personal injury case is worth.
The value of your case will depend on many factors, including:
- The type and extent of your injuries
- The scope of your property damage
- Whether you are being blamed for the accident or were partly at fault
- The insurance policy limits
- The laws in your area regarding personal injury cases
- Whether the at-fault party engaged in particularly egregious conduct, such as drunk driving
If you’ve been injured in a personal injury accident and think you are entitled to damages, contact our office for a free consultation. We will review your case in detail and discuss the types of damages you may be entitled to.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Louisiana?
In Louisiana, you have one year from the date an accident or injury occurs to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations. If you do not file your case within this one-year deadline, then you may not be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
Louisiana has one of the shortest statutes of limitation in the country for personal injury and wrongful death cases. It’s crucial that your lawsuit is filed within the one-year deadline. You can count on our Duplessis personal injury lawyers to make sure your case is filed on time.
Contact Our Experienced Duplessis Personal Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
Accidents happen, but you can take control after being injured in an accident. Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer at Palmintier Law Group is an excellent first step to getting the compensation you deserve after an injury in Duplessis, LA.
Our Duplessis personal injury attorneys will help you navigate the claim process and fight for compensation for all of your injuries. Contact our Duplessis personal injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.